Collection of Your Information
2. When you access or use the Site or any part thereof, or communicate with Providend or any of its officers, employees or agents whether through written, published or electronic means, the telephone or otherwise, Providend may collect or receive personal or non-personal information or data about, in connection with or from you, including without limitation possibly through cookies, pixel tags, website and data analytics, and other technologies (“Your Information ”), in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA”). Personal information or data may include without limitation your name, postal address, telephone number, email address, identity card number, passport number, background information and health condition. Non-personal information or data may include without limitation your browser information, internet protocol (IP) address, how you use the Site or any part thereof, and aggregated information.
3. Providend may also collect personal information about someone else from you, e.g ., when you apply for a product or service in joint names or where you are nominating other people on your policy. If you provide personal information to Providend about someone else, you must obtain that person’s prior consent for you to provide his/her personal information to Providend.
4. Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can choose to block or disable cookies by changing the settings on your web browser . If you choose to block or disable all cookies, including strictly necessary cookies, you may find that certain features on the Site or any part thereof will not work properly.
Use of Your Information
5. Providend may use Your Information in accordance to the PDPA:
6. You agree that in the event you contact Providend via email, online chat, letters, facsimile, or other written, published or electronic means, Providend is entitled to keep a record of the relevant correspondence.
Disclosure/Transfer of Your Information
9. Your Information may be stored and processed in any country where Providend has facilities, and you consent to the transfer of Your Information to such countries for the purpose of such storage and processing.
10. If the entities to whom Your Information is being disclosed/transferred are located overseas, Your Information may be sent to another country including countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence.
11. To the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, Providend shall not be responsible or liable under any cause of action and under any circumstances for any use, storage or disclosure by any third party of Your Information, or any act or omission of whatsoever nature by any third party.
Protection of Your Information
12. Providend endeavours to take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality and security of Your Information in accordance to the PDPA. However, Providend cannot guarantee the security of any data you transmit by electronic means, as no data transmission over the Internet or by any other electronic means can be guaranteed as totally secure. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing over the Internet or by electronic means. To the maximum extent permissible under applicable law, Providend is neither responsible nor liable for any breach of security.
13. The Internet is not a secure form of communication and sending and receiving information over the Internet carries with it risks including the risk of access and interference by unauthorized third parties. It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold.
14. Information passing over the Internet may be transmitted internationally (even when sender and recipient are located in the same country) via countries with weaker privacy and data protection laws than in your country of residence. As a result, Providend does not accept responsibility or liability for the confidentiality, security or integrity of Your Information in connection with its transmission over the Internet.
15. In order to maintain the security of Providend’s systems, protect Providend’s staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crime or unauthorised activities, Providend reserves the right to monitor all Internet communications including web and email traffic into and out of our domains.
Retaining Your Information
16. Providend will retain Your Information for as long as the purpose(s) for which Providend collected it continues. It is then destroyed unless further retention is required to satisfy any legal, regulatory or accounting requirement or to protect Providend’s interests.
17. If, going forward, you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit Providend’s use of Your Information that has been previously provided to Providend, you may do so by emailing [email protected] and provide the name of the service for which information was provided, your full name, identification or passport number, mailing address, phone number and email address , in order for Providend to identify you.
18. For your protection, Providend will only implement such requests with respect to Your Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send Providend your request . Providend may need to verify your identity before implementing you respective request. Providend will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. In some cases, Providend may not be able to remove or change Your Information or any part thereof, including, without limitation, where doing so would be against the law or regulations or any direction by any public or governmental authority.
Updated 11 May 2021
©2016 PROVIDEND LTD. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.